Pages

Sunday 8 December 2013

Heavenly Cookies

Procrastination + a mid study sugar craving=THE BEST chocolate chip cookies around. It made almost three dozen cookies, so if y'all want to get hooked up with some Christmas baking, let me know.

You'll need:

2 and 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter/margarine
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 cap - fuls rum (or vanilla, your choice, I personally love rum)
2 eggs
3 cups chocolate chips (I used three different kinds in these cookies)
   
Oven needs to be preheated to 350°F.


Mix the flour and baking soda together in a small bowl and put aside.


Next, you'll want to throw the sugars and butter into a large mixing and beat until fluffy (ish).  


Next, you'll want to add your eggs, and the rum.  A little side note on the rum though: I realized that I didn't have any vanilla extract, so I googled substitutes for it.  Lo and behold, rum was one of the first things that came up. And I'm not sure about you, but we always have rum kicking around our apartment.  I'm sure vanilla would taste just as fine :)


After you've mixed all that together, you'll need to add the flour and once again, mix.  I like to add the flour slowly just so it all doesn't explode into a giant white cloud when the mixmaster first starts up.


Don't forget to lick the beaters once you're done!!!


Finally, stir in your chocolate chips of choice. I'm not the world's biggest fan of milk chocolate, so I used 1 cup white chocolate, 1 cup Reese chips, and 1 cup milk chocolate to avoid a chocolate overload.  It's all up to personal preference!



Spoon out on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper and cook for about 10 minutes.


And indulge in some serious soft, chewy goodness.  


Happy exam studying procrastination!!!

5 comments:

  1. Loved your beer mug measuring cup! Hope we get some of these for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny would be proud - you remembered to lick the beaters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always! And I'll make these on Tuesday when I'm home or something and you can bring some to work!

      Delete